PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER – WEST AUSTRALIAN SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA (Perth)
Ever wanted to be a part of the best symphony orchestra in the West? Your time is now – the celebrated West Australian Symphony orchestra is looking for a media savvy individual with a passion for classical music to join the team as Public Relations Manager, reporting to WASO’s Executive Marketing Manager in Perth.
- A strong and demonstrated understanding of communication and media principles in a sales environment
- Have the highest possible ethical standards in all aspects of professional life
- Be able to demonstrate your keen sense of creativity and “out of the box” thinking to ensure our competitive edge in the entertainment market
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Be committed, driven, resilient and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Maintaining strong media networks to maximise opportunities and ensure high profile publicity for the orchestra’s activities across Perth, Regional WA and Australia
- Developing and implementing promotional strategies as well as communication plans across all aspects of the business
Interested? Dust off your resume and cover letter and hit the link here for more information.
REGISTRAR MUSIC AND ARTS – ARTS CENTRE MELBOURNE (Melbourne)
Melbourne’s Arts Centre is on the look out for a dedicated archivist with an interest in collecting records to work as the Registrar for Music and Arts at their Southbank building. This role will be working towards the Arts Centre’s plans to expand the Australian Music Vault and create a new performing arts gallery to showcase Australia’s arts and cultural history.
Demonstrated experience in the area of collections management, and in particular, the processes and procedures involved in acquisition, registration, digitisation, condition reporting, preventive conservation, collection handling, rehousing, storage, location tracking and transport
Demonstrated experience in exhibition projects including advising, performing, managing and delivering best practice documentation, location tracking, security, handling and transportation, installation and display requirements, budgeting and multi venue tour requirements
Demonstrated experience in project management, organisation and planning skills; proven ability to manage competing deadlines, work on multiple projects simultaneously and deliver projects to tight deadlines and within budget
Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience of national and international principles, practices, standards and ethics relating to the documentation, management and exhibition of cultural collections
Demonstrated experience, competency and understanding of contemporary computer systems such as MS Office suite, collection management and location software such as EMu and MV Wise and digitisation software and equipment such as the Adobe suite, flat bed and film scanners and digital SLR cameras
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including written and oral, in relation to liaising, influencing, consulting, collaborating and reporting with senior management, peers, reports, donors, and other related external contacts
Demonstrated experience with performing risks assessments, meeting compliance with policies and developing innovative processes and procedures
- Developing and maintaining the official record of Arts Centre Melbourne’s Music and Art Collections within the State Collection of the Performing Arts and Public Art Collections
- Managing and documenting Music and Art Collection objects selected for Arts Centre Melbourne exhibitions, including touring and other access programs
- Developing and implementing best practice standards related to the physical, intellectual, legal control, digitisation, storage, display and transport of the Music and Art Collections including associated hardware
- Developing and leading program initiatives aimed at identifying, prioritising and managing projects that will reduce historic documentation backlogs
For more details and information on how to apply, hit the link here.
EVENT COORDINATOR – KICKS ENTERTAINMENT (Canberra)
Kicks Entertainment, a small team of music and event professionals behind the likes of Spilt Milk and The Commons Street Feast, is accepting applications for the position of Event Coordinator. The successful applicant will work closely alongside the Event Managers to develop and deliver operations to ensure events run safely, on budget and conforming to local legislation.
- Minimum two year’s experience at event coordinator level
- Experience in events and ability to excel in fast passed and high pressure situations
- An understanding of often unique hours required in an events
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience using word processors, spreadsheets and presentation software
- Demonstrated experience using project management tools and apps
- Capable of managing budgets and meeting strict implementation deadlines
- A strong desire to live and breathe music and music events
- Tertiary qualification in Event Management, Business, Administration or similar preferred
Read the full position listing here, and click the link to apply.
Feature image via Arts Centre Melbourne.